Thanksgiving is about more than just food, football, family, and the official kickoff to the holiday season — it’s also an annual reminder to pause and spend time reflecting on all of the blessings in your life. What a better way to reflect than gathering the ones you love the most around a beautifully decorated dining room table?
Here’s a look at some tablescape ideas to take your Thanksgiving decor to the next level:
- Go natural: Go green for your centerpiece. Mix in sage, ivy, and other herbs to create an inviting and pleasant accent for your table.
- Consider candles: Having a smaller Thanksgiving gathering? Candles can make for a more intimate dining experience. Mix and match tall and small candles for the best look. We suggest going unscented so you can smell the delicious meal in front of you.
- Pay attention to color: When it comes to your china, tablecloth, napkins, and centerpieces, pay attention to the color. If you really want to go all-in on the holiday theme, mix and match brown, green, blue and turquoise.
- Opt for a runner: If you’re serving guests on a wood table, don’t cover it with a tablecloth. Opt for a runner instead so you can show off the table and its legs or pedestals. Even if you choose not to show off your table, a runner can make for a lovely complement to a conventional table cloth.
- Mix in pumpkins: Thanksgiving is the last point of the year when you can feature gourds and pumpkins, so don’t be afraid to work these into your table setting.
- Go turkey-themed: When done tastefully, adopting a turkey theme incorporates fun and tradition at the table. Look for turkey-themed salt and pepper shakers, napkins, and plates.
Thanksgiving is more than just another day on the calendar, and if you’re hosting guests this year, it all starts with the right furniture. For more information on Woodchuck’s Fine Furniture & Decor products, and to browse our fine selection of dining room tables, visit our website or contact us today. Happy Thanksgiving!